Social media marketing uses social media platforms and websites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and so on to showcase services or products. Many companies and organisations today rely on social media marketing for their marketing campaigns, using a combination of paid and unpaid content to get more customers and website traffic.
Social Networking Sites
Social networking sites allow businesses and organisations to interact with each other to foster relationships and communities online. When companies are available on social media, customers can interact with them directly and get a real-time response.
Also, these sites allow users to repost or like comments that others have made about a product, consequently reaching more people. The more the message gets shared, the more people it reaches, and the more traffic is generated for your company.
Social Media Strategies
One strategy involves setting up social media groups and communities where different people can come and share their views about a product or service. In doing so, businesses will be able to hear directly from their customers and know how a product or service is perceived by the public.
Another approach involves targeting specific people. Using tools such as Facebook advertising to target specific groups of people such as students, the aged, nursing mothers, and so on. The tool can target them by looking for particular keywords they use in their social media accounts, and send ads their way.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- Brand Popularity: As a business, using social media marketing can help boost your brand awareness. Millions of people are using social media today and when your brand is consistently on social media platforms, you can start to generate a loyal following of fans.
- Increased Traffic: Social media can be effective in increasing traffic to your website. Social media users can see and click on your ads or content that appears on their feed, and be directed to your website.
- Top Search Engine Ranking: When your business has used social media marketing for a while, your site is more likely to be ranked in search engine’s top results. Being ranked that highly can increase traffic to your sites, consequently generating more sales.
- Customer Satisfaction: Customers are happy when they can send requests or ask questions directly to businesses on social media, such as Facebook Messenger, and they get immediate and swift responses. It further consolidates in their minds that your business takes customer satisfaction seriously.
- Affordable: When compared to other means of advertising, social media marketing is one of the cheapest and most affordable options. Also, with social media marketing, conversion rates are generally higher than conventional methods of advertising.